My cousins came in town for the week between Christmas and
New Year’s. Originally I just thought it was only my cousin Jen, her husband,
and the twins coming from Seattle for the week. I met them at Café Rio the day
after they got in town, and was way surprised to find my cousin Chris and his
family here too. They had surprised everyone (including Jen) and made the LONG
drive from Seattle to Salt Lake too. Chris and Jen’s dad lives in SLC so they
come here frequently to visit him. The last few years we’ve seen each other
(both in SLC and I’ve gone to Seattle) quite a lot- considering we live 850
miles apart. Last year I counted that my dad got together with them 5 times!
(Thanksgiving, a funeral, two birthday parties in Seattle, one birthday party
in SLC, and the annual summer road trip to Seattle.)
We had fun the week they were here, getting together for
Chinese, and shopping. I love the Twins, and Miles and Molly. They are growing
up too fast, and each has fun and unique personalities. I didn’t take enough
pictures. I have a ton of me and Emory. She is such a girly girl and I took the
best pictures of her. She loves getting her picture taken and has the best
poses. Fin is always doing something and
capturing a nonblurry/action shot is challenging.
Chris and Ami bought a condo in Park City while they were here, and I'm way excited that they'll be in Utah a lot to stay at their Condo. I can't wait to see it. We LOVE Park City.
I can’t wait to see them all again this summer for the 4th
annual bootleg tour. On the last “tour” we talked about maybe having the next
trip not in Seattle, and instead we would meet everyone in some wine country of
Washington and then the Seattle people could make a vacation out of it as well.
This sounds fun, because as much as I love Pike’s Place Market, Alki beach,
downtown Seattle/the waterfront, visiting somewhere new sounds fun too. So we’ll
see what happens. PS Someday Mic and I are going to move to Seattle, in the meantime we'll just visit annually.
 |
| Laura, Emory, me, Grandma |
 |
| Fin and Mayson playing with the race car tracks |
 |
| Love this girl! |
 |
| Blow drying Em's hair after bath time |
 |
| Love this picture, its super random! |
 |
| Emory loves lotion. |
 |
| "Say Cheese" |
I'm pretty sure I tell Darrin that we need to move to Seattle all the time..lol But he's never been so we'll have to visit first i suppose ;)
ReplyDelete